Here are OUR top 5 reasons for why waxing is the way to go. Drop a comment with why you choose waxing over shaving!
1. Smooth Skin -The most popular reason we wax is to reduce the amount of hair that grows back, leaving your skin incredibly smooth. Since the hair is removed from the root, you get 3-4 weeks of smooth skin, as opposed to 2-3 days when shaving.
2. Finer Regrowth - Since the hair is removed at the follicle, it grows back with a finely tapered end. This end is finer and not stubbly, meaning that even while waiting for your next wax, your skin won’t feel as hairy as it would post-shaving.
3. Exfoliation- A build-up of dead skin cells on your skin can cause outbreaks, blemishes and dryness. Waxing actually removes the dead skin and leaves the waxed area smooth, clean and fresh. That said, it’s not technically an exfoliation method, so we recommend you exfoliate a few days before having a wax. Don’t exfoliate for 48 hours before or after your waxing appointment as this can make your skin more sensitive.
4. No More Razor Burn- Razor burn is inflammation of the skin caused by irritation. With shaving you’ll be exposing the area to friction every few days, which only makes inflammation worse. With waxing, you can avoid this for over a month at a time giving your skin a chance to calm down.
5. Less Ingrown Hairs - Ingrown hairs can be painful and embarrassing, especially during the summer months. At worst, they can even become infected and lead to scarring.
A licensed esthetician knows now to remove the wax in a way that avoids triggering ingrown hairs. If you’re particularly prone to ingrown hairs then let your esthetician know, and also make sure you exfoliate and moisturize well, two days after the wax.
There you have it. Our top 5 reasons we choose waxing. What did we miss?